Friday, June 24, 2011

Time to Think

So, recently I realized that if I want to really think about something, really think it through, I have to schedule time to do it.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I haven't had time to think about it...  Mainly because Ann Elise, my 9 month old, refuses to be happy for more than a few minutes at a time when not in my arms, which I now refer to as her control tower.  The instant I pick her up, she twists to see everything in the room from her new safe vantage point.  It's all about perspective.  For her and for me... I could choose to be seriously frustrated about her new habit or see it as endearing.  As of now, I'm somewhere between the two.

I've also recently noted that my brain doesn't work the same way it did pre-Ann Elise.  It doesn't make connections as quickly, recall things as accurately, or (and most annoyingly) doesn't get the thought in my brain translated into something that sounds educated and refined to my mouth.  Most of what I say now-a-days comes out after many, "uh's", "um's" and "oh you know that thing.. that.. oh, you know.. what is it again?".  See, I'm not even sure that made sense, but as it's nap time.. precious, sacred nap time, I do not have time to sit here and think about it.  I must move on to my to-do list with a multi-tasking fervency only other mom's to young ones can fully appreciate.

And because I only look at blogs for the pictures, here's a couple pics of sweet AE (no, we don't call her "AE", it's just easier to type). 


Not napping

trying on her new hat

purple plaid pants.. and daddy's eyes

hot turquoise chair..  first redemptive project (as it was a yucky beige before)







2 comments:

  1. That's quite a frilly shirt you are wearing....

    And dad's know the multitasking aspect as well. Addie wanted to be held and to MOVE. So I had to have some sort of walk or sway going on at all times. I would be willing to stand and read a book/magazine on the counter, but she needed me moving or she'd be really fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it's cool to post on my own blog or not, but in response to you, Blake, yes-- that is an extremely frilly shirt I'm wearing, and I guess I'll let standing and moving qualify as multitasking :)

    Hope y'all are doing well and we see you soon!

    ReplyDelete